Have Your Cake and Eat it too!!

Friday, February 18, 2011

This past Saturday Mom, Mimi, and I went over to Decatur to do a little cake tasting! I made an appointment with this bakery because I had had their wedding cake at my step-brother Wes' wedding and thought it was phenomenal!! I remember Blake, Mimi, and I talking at the reception about how great the cake was(yes that is usually what us Temple's talk about at weddings) and we all had about 4 pieces! This is when the "Corner Piece Incident" happened to my sister...never again will she tell a cake cutter she likes corner pieces when the cake is round!  The icing on the cake taste very similar to the one mom makes for all of our birthdays and we have all said we want it at our wedding! Blake has a true obsession for "Mom's Cake"...when his birthday rolls around she has to make two cakes one for him AND  one for everyone else! He has even said he wants his cake to be the white cake at his wedding so he can have mom's icing...I am already starting to say prayers for his future bride, who ever that may be!  
When we got to the bakery the owner had little cakes on the counter waiting for us! I always thought when you went cake tasting they only brought you slices of the cakes you wanted to taste...well not here! When I made the appointment she asked me which cakes I wanted to taste and said she would have the cakes ready for us. Every flavor I asked for she made 6 inch round cakes for me to taste and take home! When we got there she gave us a 4th cake to take because a previous appointment had canceled and never came to pick up their cake! So I ate A LOT of cake this past weekend...I mean A LOT! But I only get to do this once so I definitely took advantage enjoyed it!

The Maid of Honor (MOH) and Me

The cakes!!!

Now it is time to get back on the bridal diet band wagon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I think this was the only time I allowed myself a "cheat day" during our engagement. But it was TOTALLY worth it!!

    ReplyDelete