Fun in the City

Tuesday, March 1, 2011


 I got to spend a nice long weekend up in Kansas City visiting Kris!! My weekend was filled with LOTS of food, shopping, and the occasional drink :)

Gift from Natalie!

Saturday night we met up with Natalie and Dirck at Manifestos, a speak-easy bar, for drinks. They had a wonderful drink menu filled with classic drinks along with some special concoctions!

This is Kris' Smoke-N-Choke
This was my first drink a Winter in Buenos Aires (below) and my second one was a Shatto Blanc
After drinks Kris and I headed upstairs to The Reiger Hotel Grill and Exchange Restaurant. Once we sat down we enjoyed a glass of champagne and I ordered the Rabbit Pot Pie and Kris got the Beef Tenderloin. The food was AMAZING!!! It is making me hungry just thinking about it!!

After dinner drinks while watching Social Network

Sunday we went and had brunch at Avenue's Bistro. Kris got chicken and waffles…apparently it is the thing to eat for brunch up there! And yes it is a piece of fried chicken on top of a waffle.

This is from another website...just to give you an idea.

I got the Tuscan eggs benedict….phenomenal!!! It had goat cheese, ham, poached egg, and a tomato hollandaise sauce…again phenomenal!

After stuffing our faces a quick brunch we headed out to J&N ranch to hang out with Natalie and Dirck. We had originally planned on us girls going riding and the boys going shooting, but it was so windy we decided to just have a few drinks before dinner. The pre-dinner time was filled with many different discussions…I learned a lot about cows and such, I was also invited to the Zombie Apocalypse (still not sure what that is, but I am glad I was invited). Once we all had a nice cup collection going we sat down to eat a wonderful roast prepared by Natalie! After dinner Natalie and Kris played guitar while Dirck and I sang (HA!). We then played a fun game of catch phrase, we realized towards the end that we hadn’t kept score so I decided that Natalie and I won…since I am the bride! Good times!

Dinner Time!



YUM!

Monday morning we had some yummy junk yard eggs and lots of orange juice to recharge. We spent most of the day recovering and shopping! We grabbed lunch at a little cafe where we split a muffalata!


That night we went to dinner with Kris’ friends at Garozzo Restorante. Again…amazing food!!!! We called it an early night due to our expanding waist bands!

Tuesday we meet up with Natalie for her to show us some lofts and we fell in love with one!! It has a little balcony I think Sadie will enjoy in the summer and the placeis nice and cozy!! Perfect for newlywedsJ!!! Now I get to put on my decorating hat (aka, stalking websites to give me ideas because I have no decorating skills)!

After all the loft shopping I was hungry! So we met up with Dirck and sister, Anne, and headed to Arthur Bryant's to fill my BBQ needs!

We left and headed to the grocery store to get some supplies because we were making dinner for Natalie and Dirck. The menu was Garlic Spinach Bread, Spinach Salad, Rack of Lamb (yes my future hubs makes it…he is a wonderful cook!), Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes, and for dessert Apple Dumplings. After cooking up a storm we sat down and enjoy a wonderful meal! We even got to eat our dessert off of the Spode bowls Kris’ got me for Valentine’s Day (good fiancĂ©!)!!


Wednesday we just lazed around until heading to the airportL.

I had such a great trip…like always!! Every time I go visit KC I get a little more excited about my move up there!! But it also makes me miss Kris more :(  



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!